Wednesday, June 10, 2015

From the Snack Aisle - Nabisco Snaps

Product: Snap Cookies
Company: Nabisco
Years: 70's - maybe early 80's(?)


Hope everyone is having a fun summer! I know I haven't posted much lately, as family is dictating most of my time. Kids are busy creatures, so I spend many of my hours at the baseball/soccer fields and traveling too and from the baseball/soccer fields. But enough about me, lets talk about NABISCO SNAPS COOKIES!!!!

You know what?

I don't remember these.

The boxes are WAY cool, and I imagine I was around (as in living, not fat) when these cookies were around, but I just plain don't remember them. They came in 4 flavors, Chocolate, Chocolate chip, Ginger, and Vanilla.





How cool are these?

Like I said, I don't remember them, but enough people do to create a Facebook page for them. https://www.facebook.com/NabiscoSnapCookies

Yep, Nabisco Ginger Snaps have a Facebook page. (I'm pretty sure they would just send me annoying game requests, though, so I didn't friend them. No I won't play Farmville with you, Nabisco.)

Oh, shoot, I have to get my 12 year old to baseball practice ASAP.......talk amongst yourselves about these sweet treats from the 70's (and maybe 80's? Anyone know???)

If I could go back in time, these would certainly be on my list of must try treats.

Until next time, shoppers............enjoy your summer!



14 comments:

  1. I remember the Chocolate Chip Snaps. I never forget a cat face! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vividly remember these all thru my younger years; especially the chocolate and choc chips! They were my snack in the back seat of the car on long car trips when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fans of "It's a Wonderful Life" will recall the line where George says to his daughter, "Zuzu, my little ginger snap!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the chocolate chip and the chocolate snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always had these around the house in the 70's; my mother bought them frequently, and relatives would sometimes give them to us as treats. Of the four varieties, I particularly liked the chocolate chip; the taste was similar to Chips Ahoy!, but somewhat sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love putting my cookie on the picture of the cookie on the box. They HAD to be the same size...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love putting my cookie on the picture of the cookie on the box. They HAD to be the same size...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom would buy me a box of chocolate snaps when we went to the grocery store, to keep me busy while she bought groceries. I LOVED them! That would have been in the late 60s/early 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had them in the 60's as a child! Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember last buying a box of them from the 7-Eleven store in 1987, and that was the last time I saw them around. I kept the box as a happy reminder, and I still have it, almost 30 years on. Some people even remember a fifth version of the cookies, featuring a lemon-lime flavor, and they came in a half-white, half-green box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were popular in our home. Sunshine Biscuits was right off Bordentown ave in Sayreville, NJ. I can still remember the smell of baked goods whenever we'd drive by there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHERE CAN I FIND THESE CHOCOLATE COOKIES? I MISS THESE, THEY WERE SO GOOD, EVEN BETTER THEN WHAT'S AROUND TODAY! WHERE CAN I FIND THESE AGAIN?

    ReplyDelete
  13. They can be purchased on Ebay and Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sports betting system earn +$3,624 profit last week!

    Z-Code System winning bets and predictions for MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL!!!

    ReplyDelete