Wednesday, January 4, 2012

From the Candy Aisle: Crack-Ups Bubble Gum

Crack-Ups Bubblegum
Company: Warner-Lambert
Years: 70's/80's(?)

Crack-Ups Bubblegum ad - 1979
OK, this one is a mystery to me. I ran across this ad in the comics section of the St. Joseph News Press (MO) from 1979. I've never heard of or seen an actual package of this mysterious candy/gum of the past.

Crunchy Candy Outside - Chewy Gum inside!

So I'm posting this in hopes someone can help me get some more info on it. Someone out there must remember this from their youth, right?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I used to buy this candy covered gum when I was a kid. They were square with a sour hard candy shell with bubble gum inside. There was store by the name of Woolworth that sold it back the late 70's early 80's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love these growing up in KC. Maybe it was a midwest only thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember buying these at Hawkins Food mart as a kid. Came in 3 flavors grape, strawberry & orange. They also had a liquid center similar like the Fresh Ups gum

    ReplyDelete